Vai al contenuto

Benvenuti su Nikonland Questo sito è indipendente, è autofinanziato, non promuove e non raccoglie pubblicità. Non è collegato con Nikon, Nital o le loro sussidiarie

Nikonland non è una rivista periodica e non è quindi sottoposta alla normativa vigente 

- - - - -

Fujifilm X30 a cute little camera.

Fujifilm FujiX30 compact camera

My user impressions of the Fujifilm X30, a compact camera that joins an old fashioned rangerfinder-like shape with ease of use and good image quality, despite to the smallish sensor and a few quirks here and there.

Usually on Nikonland compact cameras with sensors smaller than Nikon Cx format (1 inch) aren't reviewed,  apart for exceptions (like the Nikon P900) that deserve attention for some peculiar feature.
The Fuji X30 in my opinion is well worth to be reviewed, despite the sensor size. It is a (relatively)  small camera but pretentious, that wants to place itself as an high level compact, despite the smallish sensor (2/3 inch which is larger anyway than those usually present on point and shoot compact cameras). 

Does it live up its expectations? Let's see.

Build and ergonomy. The Fuji X30 gives a reassuring feeling of sturdiness, metal is abundant and the weight is substantial for the size. 
A little camera but quite robust.
The shape is  rangefinder-like,  with many dials to operate manually most  functions (and here lies most of the fun) such as shooting modes, shutter time, exposure  correction and the like. 
The body offer a fairly good grip, despite the small size, thanks to a little protruding portion on the front and to a small thumb  support on the rear.

Immagine Allegata: hand.jpg

Honestly, the "small size" isn't that small. The fuji X30 is not what you will call a pocket camera (unless you wear a parka) both for the overall size and for the lens that sticks out even when closed. 

Immagine Allegata: front.jpg

Immagine Allegata: rear.jpg

On the front side there is the lens (28-112mm equivalent) and some buttons among which the one to select focusing mode (M, S, C).  
On the rear we  find the EVF and an array of buttons placed in the usual fuji X pattern, in addition there is a dial that can play different functions (I use it to to select shutter time in manual exposure mode).
Again, like in other Fuji-X cameras, if you push the dial in review mode or also when focusing, to take the shot, it enlarges the image. The only drawback is sometimes happened to me to push the button inadvertently, so that I ended with an enlarged view of a section of the frame while shooting, instead of the entire frame.  
The four pads arount the menu button are responsive, well usable, not mushy like in the first batches of Fuji XT-1. 
The  Q button, Fuji man best friend, allows access to quick menu so that you can select easily and quickly the most relevant parameters and functions.
On the bottom there are the battery/SD card door, the threaded hole for tripod that, as a perverse habit for Fuji-X cameras is off the axis of the lens.

Immagine Allegata: top.jpg

On the top tere is a small pop up flash, an hot shoe, the dial for mode selection (PASM plus others  less significant to me) and a dial for exposure compensation. The shutter button is threaded allowing to put a cable release! Maybe it is a bit whimsical, but in the case, here it is.
There is also the Fujifilm logo, engraved, noty printed, like in good old times.
Nearly everything is delightfully intuitive, especially if you have already used a Fuji-X camera.

Lens. The zoom,  equipped with a great metallic cap, has an equivalent (to 35mm) focal length fof 28-112mm, it is has vibration reduction and has a maximum aperture of f2-2.8 thus fairly bright. Obviously the depth of field cannot be that of an f2-28 equivalent lens made for 35mm. Here we are in another league.
The rubberized zoom ring is well damped and keeps the cap in position. The main (35mm equivalent) focal lengths are marked : 28, 35, 50mm ecc.. The  zoom serves also to start and shut down the camera, thus the start up is not exactly rapid.

Immagine Allegata: DSCF0061_240.JPG

Surprised

On the lens, close to the camera body, there is another thinner ring , made of metal, that can play different functions, selectable from the menu. I use it as a normal aperture ring; in this case the ring rotates with small clicks. If it is used as a focusing ring the rotation becomes continuous and silent.
Pity there is no lens hood (I bought a third party one). 

Immagine Allegata: paraluce2.jpg

The  Fuji X30 with third party, but very well made lens hood

The EVF is great. One of the best I have tried, better than that of Fuji XE1-XE2 and very close to the excellent one of the Fuji XT-1  or of the  Panasonic GX8 (this latter, seemd to me the best I have ever tried). There is a small wheel for diopter adjustement. 
If you change frame from landscape to portrait, the viewfinder indications rotate to adjust themselves to the changed orientation.
The sensor that controls the switch from EVF to the monitor is a bit too sensible, to use the monitor you should keep it clear from your belly.

The monitor is excellent, it is tiltable, which is great, but doesn't swivel (that I don't care too much). It allows you to shoot at stomach level so that you can also "steal" some candid. It is not a touch screen. Not a big problem for me, but it makes the camera somewhat obsolete, and having tried touch screens, I must admit that they are really useful.

Immagine Allegata: cell.jpg

Immagine Allegata: arpista2we.jpg

Immagine Allegata: bancarella.jpg

Immagine Allegata: turistas1.jpg

Immagine Allegata: bikewe.jpg

Test: Yes

1 Comments

Foto
valgrassi
feb 18 2016 08:50

Silvio, complimenti per il tuo inglese, ci sono pochissimi errori.

0 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi