Vai al contenuto

Benvenuti su Nikonland Questo sito è indipendente, è autofinanziato, non promuove e non raccoglie pubblicità. Non è collegato con Nikon, Nital o le loro sussidiarie

Nikonland non è una rivista periodica e non è quindi sottoposta alla normativa vigente 

- - - - -

Sigma 150mm f2.8 Apo Macro OS in-depth review.

150 Macro review Macrophotography Sigma lenses

I have tried the new Sigma 150mm f 2.8 Apo Macro OS, a lens with excellent reputation not only among macro photographers, but also among portrait shooters. How does it rank against legendary lenses like the Nikon 200mm f4 micro-nikkor AfD? Read on.

An example of what it means practically: How the distances vary to get  1:3 reproduction ratio with the nikon 200 micro AfD and with the Sigma 150 Macro OS:

Immagine Allegata: distanze.jpg

If the little snake was real instead of being made of stone, I might have had some problem concerning safety (its or mine, it depends ;) ).

Conclusion.

I think that the 150 Sigma OS is an  eccellent lens under all aspects, operationally better than the 200 micro nikkor AfD and, without splitting hairs too much, with the same overall image quality.  The problem of the huge reduction of the actual focal length still remains however, even at RR of 1:2  actual focal length is rather scarce for a lens labelled as a 150mm.
It does not prevent however that lots of macrophotographer make spectacular images with this lens (as with the 100-105 macros, to be honest). It is a matter of habits and ease of use. One has to choose  if it may be more beneficial for him the superior ergonomy and ease of use or the greater working distance.
For what it is worth the new Sigma 180 macro f2.8 OS behaves like its smaller companion or even better, and has a greater working distance, thus the problem is solved (apart for the price, size  and weight ;) ).

My sincere thanks to Mauro (Rudolf) Maratta for allowing me to try this lens, and to my friend Gianni for the loan of the Sigma converters. 

Silvio Renesto

Test: Yes

0 Comments

0 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi