Vai al contenuto

Benvenuti su Nikonland Questo sito è indipendente, è autofinanziato, non promuove e non raccoglie pubblicità. Non è collegato con Nikon, Nital o le loro sussidiarie

Nikonland non è una rivista periodica e non è quindi sottoposta alla normativa vigente 

- - - - -

Sigma 150mm f2.8 Apo Macro OS in-depth review.

150 Macro review Macrophotography Sigma lenses

I have tried the new Sigma 150mm f 2.8 Apo Macro OS, a lens with excellent reputation not only among macro photographers, but also among portrait shooters. How does it rank against legendary lenses like the Nikon 200mm f4 micro-nikkor AfD? Read on.

Image quality.

Sharpness. I tried the Sigma 150 on a Nikon D800 both at minimum focusing distance (reproduction ratio 1:1) and at a distance corresponding to 1:2 reproduction ratio, plus some casual shots (unfortunately season weather isn't the best for field macrophotography). I have also compared the 150 Sigma with the  200 micro-nikkor AfD and with the micro-nikkor 105 VR. The Sigma is as sharp as, if not slightly sharper, than the 200 f4 micro-nikkor AfD and this says all. It seems definitely better than the 105VR (but I suspect that my sample of the 105 Vr is somewhat a lemon,  thus this assumption should be checked again with another sample).
Test images have been taken on a tripod with cable release, mirror up and fill- flash. I didn't care too much about exposure, thus there are some slight differences in brightness among different shots. These are 100% crops without any post-production apart for the jpeg conversion and size reduction. 

Wide open, frame center, reproduction ratio 1:1, crop 100%:

Please note that actual aperture at these distances is  similar for all three lenses:  f5.6 for the Sigma  150, f5.3 for the Nikon 105 VR and f6.3 for the Nikon 200 micro.nikkor AfD.

Immagine Allegata: tac.jpg

Take also into account that size reduction decrease a little the actual sharpness. A little sharpening and everything shines.

Immagine Allegata: tacs.jpg

Wide open, low right corner of the frame.

Immagine Allegata: tacs.jpg

Test: Yes

0 Comments

0 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi