Vai al contenuto

Benvenuti su Nikonland Questo sito è indipendente, è autofinanziato, non promuove e non raccoglie pubblicità. Non è collegato con Nikon, Nital o le loro sussidiarie

Nikonland non è una rivista periodica e non è quindi sottoposta alla normativa vigente 

- - - - -

Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro OS ... in macro (test/review)

105mm macro Sigma

I'm a fan of macrophotography and during my life I think I have tried, either for work or for fun, nearly all macro lenses with Nikon mount; both original ones and those and from other manufacturers like Sigma, Tamron and Tokina, often in different versions.
For this reason I accepted with pleasure the offer to try the newest version of the  105mm f2.8 Macro Sigma, the one with OS (image stabilization).

I was informed by friends about a blooming of Sympetrum fonscolombii (a dragonfly) in the rice fields around Sartirana Lomellina. We rushed there in the weekend.
There were thousands of dragonflies, a breathtaking scene.

Immagine Allegata: sfarfa.jpg

The pale green of the new rice combined with the colours of the beige bodied blue eyed drangonflies  was perfect to show the delicacy of colours of this Sigma, that joins low contrast with high sharpness. All photos taken hand-held

Immagine Allegata: sympetrum.jpg

Immagine Allegata: sympcrop.jpg

Crop 100%

Immagine Allegata: sympetrum2.jpg

Immagine Allegata: sympetrum2crop.jpg

Crop 100%

Colour smoothness allows image elaboration according to taste:

Immagine Allegata: toni.jpg

Immagine Allegata: trifoglio.JPG

Not only in macro:

Immagine Allegata: pioppi.jpg

Conclusion

The  105 Macro Sigma is definitely an excellent short tele macro, it is tack sharp almost aberration free. 
It can be easily ranked among  professional lenses. Its peculiarity stays in the light tones that in expert hands can get the most of the image you take, also for particular effects, or conversely can be quickly corrected in postproduction, according to one's preferences or needs.

Silvio Renesto

Test: Yes

0 Comments

0 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi